Tuesday, August 11, 2009

By Request... 2 Caesar Dressings

I get email recipe requests all the time, which is one reason I now post recipes here - as a preemptive measure. So today I was asked for our caesar salad dressing recipe, and I realized that 1) it's not posted, and 2) it's really hard to scale down. But I thought I'd give it a shot. The first of the recipes below is just that - my condensed version of the G23 dressing. The second is one I use at home, or close to it, I think. Good luck.

Grill 23's Caesar Dressing

2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
2 tsp red wine vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 shakes Tabasco
1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp anchovy paste
1 1/4 cups canola oil
1 cup olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

- in a countertop mixer, thoroughly combine all ingredients except for oils
- with machine running on medium-high speed, slowly drizzle in oils to emulsify
- season to taste

My Other Caesar Dressing

1 egg, poached for 2 minutes
12 anchovy fillets
1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
juice of 2 lemons
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1/2 cup olive oil

- in a blender, thoroughly process all ingredients but oils
- with motor running, slowly drizzle in oils until thickened



No comments:

Post a Comment