Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crazy Good August in New England Pancakes

Despite the fact that my wife made and froze pancakes yesterday (I didn't know, I swear) and despite the fact that my kids had already eaten breakfast, I was determined to bang out a pancake recipe this morning, which was a challenge to do between loads of laundry, picking up the house and heading over to Karl's Sausage Kitchen in Saugus for obscene amounts of meat. I got smoked bratwursts, beef and tomato sausages, pork sausages, boiled ham, pepper salami, andouille, veal loaf, some other stuff, gummy letters, and German potato salad which I gave to the babysitter. But I digress. Like I said I was determined to come up with the ultimate pancake, to win the title of Ultimate Pancake Cooking Guy or Gal, a position previously held by my father, and probably by yours, too, but I did, and now I am He (I don't mean to say that I am my father - that would be weird). We had these peaches and blueberries from our farm share, and they were begging to be eaten, so who was I to deny them, right?

I love yogurt in pancakes, don't you? I have to apologize in advance to Stonyfield Farm: I only know how to make the trademark logo thingy on my Mac.

Peach & Blueberry Pancakes
(makes 8)

2 eggs
1 cup Stonyfield Farm peach yogurt smoothie
2 Tbsp melted butter
2/3 cup blueberries
2 peaches, peeled and diced
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon (yay to cinnamon and peaches together)
2 pinches salt
pan spray as necessary

- whisk together eggs, peach yogurt smoothie and butter and set aside
- combine fruit with dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- gently fold fruit/dry ingredient mixture into egg mixture
- heat a nonstick skillet (or 2) over medium heat and coat with pan spray
- using a 2 ounce ladle, pour pancake batter into pan
- cook about 3 minutes per side, then eat them

No comments:

Post a Comment